Together in Spirit

An online reading group ('TIS a reading group!) to bring together friends, and friends of friends, who aren't able to be in a conventional reading group due to constraints of time or geography.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Can any mother help me?

Emily says it's my turn to choose, so how about Can any mother help me? by Jenna Bailey. Comes highly recommended by a friend and is 'the true story of friendship through a secret magazine' started in 1935 when a young mother wrote to a magazine asking readers for help. Should be different.

Helen, what did you think of The Sea - I very much enjoyed it, though wasn't expecting to - I only really read it because it was a Booker winner and i've read all of them, and handily found it in a charity shop. Banville is supposed to be 'difficult' but I found it very straightforward - but maybe I missed something?