Together in Spirit

An online reading group ('TIS a reading group!) to bring together friends, and friends of friends, who aren't able to be in a conventional reading group due to constraints of time or geography.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Hello from Valerie Shields (VS)

I'd like to say hello to the other members and introduce myself briefly. I first new Emily as a friend of my son Philip from college. We have always talked books!

Now retired, I have enjoyed having more time to read and, best of all, discuss the books with others via reading groups. I have had firm favourites over the years, but would find it very difficult to pick out just five books. I have decided to select the authors that have meant most to me. I will have to leave you wondering for a while, as time is short today, however in the next few days I will post my list.

Helen has mentioned she is my daughter in law. (Married to Philip).