Together in Spirit

An online reading group ('TIS a reading group!) to bring together friends, and friends of friends, who aren't able to be in a conventional reading group due to constraints of time or geography.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Orange prize

Hello everyone

Just wanted to say I find the idea of the Orange Prize winners appealing (a lot of them fall into the category of "must get round to that one day" so this will spur me on). Happy to start with Emily's suggestion of Linda Grant, and am also keen to reread Fugitive Pieces. In fact, all those mentioned look worth investigating. Helen, your description of Helen Dunmore makes me curious about her (never having heard of her before) so I'd like to vote for that to be a choice at some future date. (Not sure this is the result you wanted Helen! If no-one else wants to read it I shall add it to my ever-growing list of "other stuff to read (when I retire at this rate!))

Incidentally, I am also rereading Tess of the D'Urbervilles and thus far enjoying it (to my surprise) so thank you Helen for inspiring me to give it another bash. May take me a while to complete, but I shall report back in due course.

Bye for now

Kirsty