Together in Spirit

An online reading group ('TIS a reading group!) to bring together friends, and friends of friends, who aren't able to be in a conventional reading group due to constraints of time or geography.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sorry

More Spoilers!
This was actually the second time of reading this book as I had time on my hands while travelling. I enjoyed it a little more this time, but really it was very tiresome. I think that it may work as a short story, but there was so much repetition in the descriptions of the small events, everyday rather than remarkable, patience was tested to the full. The ending did have a twist, as the expected death of the injured child did not happen and it was the twin in the bedroom who died.
The characters all had a story to tell but I think that they could have been better exploited to give a character-driven novel. Unfortunately the author while trying to do something a little different just comes over, in my view, as rather pretentious.