Together in Spirit

An online reading group ('TIS a reading group!) to bring together friends, and friends of friends, who aren't able to be in a conventional reading group due to constraints of time or geography.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

e books

I can't think of a single reason why I would want to read a book on screen, though maybe it is more environmentally friendly? Valerie seems to know all about it and her synopsis confirms my worst suspicions. Books are so much more than the content; I love just looking along my shelves in dull moments of the News and in an instant having a whole plethora of memories flood back (at least, now it is more of a sensation than a memory - Valerie will know what I mean.) Without the actual book I think I'm in danger of losing that whole past experience...

What are we supposed to be reading now? I have a couple of ideas but it can't be my turn as I chose Can any mother. Glad you all enjoyed it so much and look forward to what's next.