Together in Spirit

An online reading group ('TIS a reading group!) to bring together friends, and friends of friends, who aren't able to be in a conventional reading group due to constraints of time or geography.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Vivid

I also really enjoyed the film, but have not seen it again so am unable to be sure about the differences, my memory being rather imprecise. It is difficult, too, to put my finger on why Blake Morrison has been quite so successful in his portrayal of his father except that his use of words is so skilled, there is absolutely nothing superfluous to get in the way. Rather like the best dancers and musicians who manage to make everything seem so effortless.

The strong sympathy with those also bereaved or with children seems to me to be linked to the powerfully emotional and life changing experiences that these are. In a much smaller way, I found some similarity when I broke an elbow.