Together in Spirit

An online reading group ('TIS a reading group!) to bring together friends, and friends of friends, who aren't able to be in a conventional reading group due to constraints of time or geography.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Hello..........

At last I'm in, have been having terrible technical difficulties compounded by lack of memory (forgot my user name and password!). Am slightly apprehensive that once I've logged off, won't be able to access the site again, so if I'm gone for sometime you know why........!

Anyway, let me introduce myself whilst I'm here. My name's Pella. I used to work with Emily in the hostel in Guildford, and am privileged to be godmother to her two gorgeous boys. And living near by, it means I'm able to pop in regularly which is a real treat.

As for reading, I love to when I can, but in common with many of you, often find I lack the time and sometimes the energy and discipline to do as much as I'd like and could. Is that sacrilege to admit this on this site! Having said this, recently read a recommendation by Emily, Moontiger by Penelope Lively. Loved the way in which the story was developed, and the main character, Claudia, revealed almost like a jigsaw, with recollections being told thematically rather than chronologically.

Shall try and catch up on all your post which looks like an excellent read in and of itself.