Together in Spirit

An online reading group ('TIS a reading group!) to bring together friends, and friends of friends, who aren't able to be in a conventional reading group due to constraints of time or geography.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Total agreement

I am in full agreement with all that has been said about the unremarkable remarkable. I'm afraid I found the whole thing depressing, more because I got bored than because of anything else. I'm not a great one for lengthy discriptions, poetic or not, and found that I started to skip bits. As a result I got confused over who was who and when the pregnant girl was writing and generally lost the will to live, or at least keep on reading.

I do agree with Emily though in that maybe this book was suffering from a post-Kevin read where the overshadowing disaster really is a disaster and is handled with much greater aplomb.