Together in Spirit

An online reading group ('TIS a reading group!) to bring together friends, and friends of friends, who aren't able to be in a conventional reading group due to constraints of time or geography.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

October's book choice

Hmmm... so this is what happens when I leave the country. A conspiracy to diss my choice... The Famous Five? I think you're missing out on the Rosoff if that's how you find her, but hey. Glad to see you're all cheerfully disagreeing with me. Except Helen D, who I'm confident will love it (no pressure). And Pella, who I'll pay later. :-)

Talking of which, suggested book for October or therabouts is recommended by Pella: Counselling for Toads, (click here for Amazon's details) by Robert de Board. She's recommended it to me, but I've hijacked it as October's choice. If you dislike it, blame me. It's billed as "A psychological adventure" and I'm sure some of you WILL find it rather surprising, but I rather hoped this reading group could be a non-standard-issue one where we could read things which we wouldn't normally, and which reading groups wouldn't normally. Open the envelope a bit.

The book's also super short, and doesn't look half as heavy or technical as the Amazon reviews make it sound. It seems funny and sharp and refreshing from a first look. I have my copy and Pella's to lend out, so let me know if you want to borrow it.